The 2016 Evanston Green Living Festival, presented by NorthShore University HealthSystem, is an annual community event featured as part of Streets Alive that is organized by the Evanston Environmental Association (EEA), Citizens' Greener Evanston (CGE) and the City of Evanston. The Green Living Festival is presented each year to provide a venue where organizations can present their products, services, and ideas to encourage attendees to lead more sustainable lives.
The 2016 Streets Alive and Evanston Green Living Festival combined event encourages attendees to achieve a healthier, more vigorous life with this year's theme: "Staying Healthy, Staying Alive: Streets Alive!".
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 from 1pm to 6pm.
Location: On Main Street in Evanston, between Ridge & Asbury Avenues. Streets Alive will be taking place on Main Street between Chicago and Florence Avenues at the same time.
The 2016 Evanston Green Living Festival attractions will include:
Put the Green Living Festival and Streets Alive! on your calendar and we'll see you at both events on August 14!
- The Green Market - a large number of local businesses and organizations exhibiting their sustainable products, services and ideas
- Alternative Transportation - the latest in all-electric & hybrid autos and more ...
- Alternative Energy - solar panels & hot water systems and other alt-energy demos
- Plenty of fun and engaging Kids' Activities will be available at Streets Alive
- Delicious Food and Refreshments from a variety of outstanding local food vendors will be available throughout the Streets Alive event
- Composting of festival food scraps by Collective Resource
- An event for walkers, bikers and runners - we encourage attendees to bike, walk, run or take mass transit to the festival