The Evanston Green Living Festival, presented in 2016 by NorthShore University HealthSystem, is an annual community event featured as part of Streets Alive that is organized by the Evanston Environmental Association (EEA), Citizens' Greener Evanston (CGE) and the City of Evanston. The Green Living Festival is presented each year to provide a venue where organizations can present their products, services, and ideas to encourage attendees to lead more sustainable lives.
Click HERE to see photos from the 2016 Streets Alive featuring the Evanston Green Living Festival.
The 2016 Streets Alive and Evanston Green Living Festival combined event encourages attendees to achieve a healthier, more vigorous life with this year's theme: "Staying Healthy, Staying Alive: Streets Alive!".
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Sunday, August 14, 2016 from 1pm to 6pm.
Location: On Main Street in Evanston, between Ridge & Asbury Avenues. Streets Alive takes place on Main Street between Chicago and Florence Avenues at the same time.
The 2016 Evanston Green Living Festival attractions included:
Put the Green Living Festival and Streets Alive on your calendar for 2017. See you then!
- The Green Market - a large number of local businesses and organizations exhibiting their sustainable products, services and ideas
- Alternative Transportation - come see the Autobarn Nissan of Evanston's all-electric Leaf
- Alternative Energy - come visit ISEA's "Solar House" - a mini-house used to promote and educate attendees on solar energy
- ComEd's Energy Bike that highlights the difference in energy required to power different light sources
- A vendor offering products crafted from re-used urban lumber
- An artisan creating jewelery using recycled materials
- A host of environmental non-profit organizations
- Plenty of fun and engaging Kids' Activities will be available at Streets Alive
- Delicious Food and Refreshments from a variety of outstanding local food vendors will be available throughout the Streets Alive event
- Composting of festival food scraps by Collective Resource
- An event for walkers, bikers, runners and more - we encourage attendees to bike, walk, run or take mass transit to the festival