The Evanston Green Living Festival is an annual community event presented by the Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) and the City of Evanston. The festival was started to provide a venue where exhibitors could present products, services, and ideas that would encourage attendees to lead more sustainable lives. This year's theme is "Just Move - Walk, Run and Bike to a More Sustainable Life!".
In 2015, the EEA is pleased to partner with Citizens' Greener Evanston (CGE) to present the Evanston Green Living Festival as part of the Evanston Streets Alive! event.
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Sunday, September 13. 1pm to 6pm
Location: On Main Street in Evanston, between Ridge & Asbury Aves. Streets Alive will be taking place on Main Street between Hinman Ave and Florence Ave at the same time.
The 2015 Evanston Green Living Festival attractions will include:
Put the Green Living Festival and Streets Alive! on your calendar and we'll see you at both events on September 13!
- The Green Market - a large number of local businesses and organizations exhibiting their sustainable products, services and ideas
- Alternative Transportation - the latest in all-electric & hybrid autos and more ...
- Alternative Energy - solar panels & hot water systems and other alt-energy demos
- Plenty of fun and engaging Kids' Activities will be available at Streets Alive
- Delicious Food and Refreshments from a variety of outstanding local food vendors will be available throughout the Streets Alive event
- Composting of festival food scraps by Collective Resource
- An event for walkers, bikers and runners - we encourage attendees to bike, walk, run or take mass transit to the festival
- Live Music at Streets Alive will add that much more to your festival experience